Friday, February 18, 2011

A Tale of Two Games

Duncan S. Spore

A humble gamer from Manhattan Beach, I have always been partial to PC games. I grew out of Turn Based Strategy, starting with Civilization 2, turned to RTS and then shooters, with the Battlefield series, when I grew older. Now I am an all around gamer, from strategy games to shooters and beyond. To me being a gamer means spending your nights staying up late with your friends and playing round after round of Company of Heroes, Dawn of War II and other wonderful titles.


Though I am not the most professional gamer, I have spent a lot of time with games and figuring out how they work. The best games, to me, are the ones that not only make you think, but entertain you enough that you don't want to put the controller down. So much so, that you need to beat this last boss before you can go to bed.The time that people put into these games is a great determinate of their worth.

A good game is also determined by what new things they can bring to the table with the interface and technology available to developers. Not only is a new idea in the publisher's bag of tricks something that will entertain the masses, it builds on almost half a centuries worth of gaming and makes new games interesting.

I would say that all around I am not that biased. A good game is a good game.

Sheet 10 is a great way to explain to the masses about current news, what games are coming up, and how games fair in our minds, a group of intelligent, life long gamers.

No comments:

Post a Comment