Thursday, February 17, 2011

Episode V: The Editor Strikes Back

Good evening, my good sirs. And ladies. And people of lowly social stations.

I am Ari Hamilton, the editor of this endeavor, Sheet 10. However, just because my role is to ensure the linguistic and grammatical integrity of our articles and posts doesn’t mean that I won’t be taking an active role in the content as well. I’m an avid strategy gamer, both real-time and turn-based, but over the years my tastes have expanded. Shooters, RPGs and flight sims among others are all welcome in my games library. As does the occasional surprise, such as World of Zoo.


There are two key reasons why I’ve kept up gaming over the years. First, as an interactive experience: the stories that deserve to be placed alongside Pulitzer Prize winners and the characters who are almost as powerful and beautiful as Anderson Silva. Almost. Second, as a social experience: a weekend spent at a LAN party or a week rampaging through a co-op campaign are both productive uses of my time.

I try to appreciate every aspect of a game. Gameplay and plot are just two parts of a greater entity which includes artistic direction, level design, AI developments and the soundtrack. In fact, some of my favorite albums are game soundtracks. As I mentioned earlier, strategy games have a special place in my heart, and I look forward to a coming year of incredible releases.

Now, I know what you’re thinking. Or at least what the cynical, grammar-inclined among you are thinking. “Gee, this Ari person sure uses a lot of sentence fragments for an editor.” Well, now I’ll tell you what I’m thinking in response to that: Gee, I’m sure glad I got all that creative liberty out of my system, because I’m looking forward to a good long while of editing articles along proper, English guidelines. And possibly even discovering some even more epic gaming experiences along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment