Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Introducing... Part Two: The Chamber of Secrets

Sean Yates,

He loves video games. He loves talking about them, thinking about them, and playing them. They have made him laugh, they’ve made him cry, they’ve made him rage so hard he broke his sound card and headset it one fell swoop (which resulted in more crying). He’s also tired of writing in the third person.

If you put a gun to my head and demanded the reason I decided to participate in this website, I would point to English class. Extracting complicated ideas from the texts fascinated me, but too often the medium failed to hold my attention. This means I may have a tendency to wax philosophical, which hopefully will show through in a positive way in my writing.If there was still time, I would also beg you to put down the gun, or at least point it at Ari.

I do my best to enjoy all games. RPGs, RTSs and FPSs vie for my attention with equal verve. Beyond that I really enjoy hearing about all sorts of gaming experiences. If I could have my wish then the most significant impact of my writing here would be to improve the quality of discourse surrounding video games in whatever way possible. That said, I also enjoy pwning nubz, by which I mean participating in video games at a less intellectual level and will direct you to the best opportunities to join me when I find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment