Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Introducing...

Sergio Ortiz.

Video gamer, tabletopper, and writer. I started off gaming at a young age, beginning with platformers and racers at the age of two and slowly climbing the ladder up through shooters, adventure games, role-playing games and, ultimately, to strategy. I've played on PCs, Macs, nearly all the Nintendo consoles, Sega Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, PS3 and 360. As an enthusiast, I've found that games offer far more immersive experiences than other artistic mediums and, as a writer, I find the work that goes into the building of a game and its narrative utterly fascinating.


As far as my game tastes go, I tend to be drawn towards role-playing games and shooters more than other genres, but that is not to say I do not appreciate the others. I can recall many a night spent commanding the armies of Rome or struggling to forever destroy the eternal evil of Dracula instead of studying. Like many gamers, I have always wanted to share my experiences and thoughts on games and, like many have, whiled away hours discussing the minutia of my favorite games with friends. I feel that the fruits of these discussions and thoughts are worthwhile to share and comment upon, hence the creation of the Tensmen.

Beyond expressing my fervent interest and love for games, my aim here is to bring you, the readers and listeners, intelligent discourse on the nature of our hobby. What we want to bring you, and what I hope I can aid in, is the production of editorial and journalistic content about the games and elements of games that matter most. I want to explore the evolution of our favorite genres, the literary analysis of the greatest games, the intricacies behind art design and the blood, sweat and tears it takes to make a game from scratch. In essence, I want to bring you, the gamers, into the world of game design and development, a journey that I hope will be just as new and exciting for you as it was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment